Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Method

The process is really quite simple. Here is what I do everyday.
  • Get up and get ready in time to be on the road around 5:00 am.
  • Before running drink 20 ounces of water and a 20 ounce protein shake (52 grams, protein deficiencies cause me to become ravenous to the point where I consider eating plants as I run by them on the road)
  • Every 80 mins of running eat a GU/cliff shot/power gel/stinger (this keeps me from getting cramps)
  • Every two hours take a break. The first break is 20-30 mins, the second break is 45 mins to an hour.
  • At each break drink at least 32 ounces of Gatorade
  • Monitor my heart rate as closely as possible so that I don't end up leaving the aerobic zone (this causes extreme fatigue after a three or so miles).
  • Do whatever is necessary to stay happy, upbeat, and comfortable.

1 comment: