Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 4

Duchesne to Current Creek

My wife informed me that I'm boring after I run long distances because I'm too tired to be fun. I hope this isn't coming across in my blog so I've decided to divide each daily post up into two sections. The first is just a quick daily description telling how the day went and the second is what I like to call free entertainment (it's free, so don't expect much).

Daily Description
The day started off pretty well. The first ten miles were pretty much all uphill and they seemed to go by fairly quickly. I'm still a bit stiff so my pace was slow but I managed to keep my heart rate under good control.

Just after the ten mile point I had officially run over 100 miles. That's not bad for just four days. I can't believe I'm already 1/3 of the way through with my run.

The next ten miles were almost all down hill. Towards the end I was getting sick of all the down hill and found it really refreshing to have some flat and slightly uphill portions.

The last two miles of my run were the steepest downhill sections yet. Just as I started to reach the edge the hill to start my descent it started pouring freezing rain and hail. It was super fun to run through all the water. I was soaked by the time I reached my car. Sorry there aren't any pictures of this.

Off at 5:30am


Running at about 17 miles


Running at about 20 miles
It was getting really hot at this point


Chilling out with the family at my 20 mile resting point

Free Entertainment
Right when I reached the 20 mile resting point I had my mom get out a pencil and a paper so that I could write down a song that I had somehow conjured up while running. Here is how it goes. If you want the tune just call me and I'll sing it for you. Also, this is best sung at the pace you are running with a mix between a cookie monster, count, and Yoda voice.

There's Cliff Shots, Power Gels, Stingers, and GU.
The bonus with all of these is that you don't have to chew
So if you're feeling kind of weak I'll tell you what to do.
Just rip the top off, squish it out, and savor it like stew.
If you don't want a sticky mess then don't get it in your shoe.
If it happens to you on accident it will feel like stepping in p**
I'm not sure if it's Kosher so be careful if you're a Jew.
Some of it has loads of caffeine so Mormons should be cautious too.
Cows even like it , it makes them go moooooo.
And if you want to know if what I'm saying is really true,
take a Cliff Shot, Power Gel, stinger, or GU.
Are you sick of this stupid song, well guess what I am too.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you wouldn't write out poo. I'm expecting a lot out of these free entertainment sections so don't let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny what a delirious brain can think up. :). You're awesome Bretton!

    ReplyDelete