Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 5

Current Creek to Main Canyon Summit

Today flew by like lightening. I had to climb 2000 ft today. The first 100o ft were in the first ten miles, the last 1000 ft were in the last 3 miles. Believe it or not I actually did pretty well. I was able to average below an 11 minute mile and end early enough to drive to Sandy, celebrate my son's birthday, and drive back to Heber where I'm staying the night. Not bad for a Friday.


Making my belt fit just right is key to being able to run comfortably. Today it was fitting perfect. No bouncing and not too tight.


Running up the hill to my ten mile mark. I was so full of adrenaline to have made it in just under 11 minute miles.


Running up the main canyon road was really pretty. Lots of aspens and fresh air. I did feel the altitude change though.



Free Entertainment

It's been said that one man's pain is another man's pleasure. I figured today would be a good day to let you find pleasure in these pictures of my pain.

This first one is of a blister that I have had on my heel for a while. I keep draining it but it keeps coming back. I really can't complain too much over only one blister from 150 miles.



This next picture is an action shot of me draining the blister. It's a little difficult to see but there's actually a drop of puss falling (just follow the arrow). While I was squeezing it out it actually squirted and got on my wife. Nasty!


Last but not least, a bloody nipple and me wincing in pain from a cramp I got while sitting down.

And that's it for your free entertainment! Hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures honey! Gross...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a trooper! Looks like you guys are both having a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete