Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 8

Fairview to Penny Road (Tooele)




I said that the word for yesterday was pain, the word for today is excruciation.




At around mile fifteen the outside of my right foot started to hurt. Come mile eighteen I was reduced to a hobble again. I made it to mile 20 and inspected my foot. I couldn't locate the point of pain just by touching so I thought it might have just been a strange cramp. Unfortunately the next ten miles I realized this was not just a cramp.




My foot hurt so bad that it throbbed just walking on it. Every step included stabbing pain that made me want so badly for the day to be over.




My wife came with me for the last eight miles. We walked for most of the time and she did an excellent job at keeping my mind off the pain by talking to me. The last three miles I managed to run but it hurt extremely bad.




After arriving back at the hotel I made myself an ice bath. I took the liner out of a garbage can we had in our room and filled it with ice from the ice dispenser. I then poured a huge mound of ice into the tub and filled it with water. I sat in the freezing water for as long as I could stand and then changed it to hot water.




Let's pray my foot heals before tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment