Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 7

Vivian Park to Fairview




The word for the day is pain.




I guess the Suday rest I had was a little too gentle on me. I should have gone out and walked a bit. I was sore while running. I ended up having to limp the last six miles because my left quad was in such pain. Also, for the first time ever, I had shin splints.




This was such a painful day that it was really hard to focus on anything positive.




At one point I looked up in the sky and noticed two birds trying to fly into the wind. I saw how slow they were and thought to myself, "Why don't they just fly the other direction?" That's when it hit me that birds that refuse to fly into the wind are very limited when choosing where they want to go. I suppose this applies to all difficult things in life. The more willing we are to do things that others find difficult, the more options we have when choosing where we want to end up.




Pray for me that tomorrow is easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment