Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Battle is Over.

The Battle is Over
(Wednesday July 13)




With just over a hundred miles to go, I have to postpone my run.




I started running at 5:45am and by 7:00, after a slow 5 miles, I could barely walk on my foot. I have somehow managed to injure my foot bad enough that even walking is a painful chore.




I considered riding a bike for the remainder of the distance but I don't believe I would be fully satisfied with my accomplishment or feel as though I had reached my goal. Therefore, I have chosen to take some time off and try again as soon as my foot feels good enough to run on.




In the mean time I will be resting my foot and searching for a podiatrist that is interested in doing some pro bono work (my Mississippi health insurance isn't any good in Utah).




The battle may be over but the war can still be won.




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment